Saturday 19 December 2015

PHILLIP MATTHEW ROBERTS


PHILLIP MATTHEW ROBERTS
IMPROMPTU RESPONSES TO ALL THE RECENT VIOLENCE


Chuck my television out the window
in lieu of my person… done
with news and glorified emptiness,
the gritty senseless bloodshed I'm helpless
to remedy… even Archimedes himself
in all his enlightened ingenuity
couldn't find a fulcrum
great enough to maneuver
this manmade maelstrom
as everyone knows hopelessness
lacks any mass; as if to suggest,
move nothing from A to B
or quantify love?

I've sufficient reminders of horror
each day when I brave mirrors
that paint all my ghastly lack
and apparent failures…

Blame no one except myself
because I've spunk enough
to take responsibility for what I cannot
with yarbles yet so I may attempt
every remaining can
before my doldrum days end,
returned to the solemn
earth where I'll gnash
and rage no more
at my own reflection.

Phillip Matthew Roberts
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

No comments:

Post a Comment